The mission of the Bakhita Community is to respond to the needs of victims of human trafficking and commercial sexual exploitation in the greater Boston area.
Our primary goals:
- To provide a safe haven in the Boston area for women over age eighteen who are victims of human domestic and international trafficking.
- To move victims from crisis to recovery, including trauma recovery.
- To educate the public about the issues related to human trafficking and sexual exploitation.
- To integrate the women into society.
- To increase public awareness of and support for victims of human trafficking and sexual exploitation.
- To provide emergency assistance of food and shelter to referred women for stays of one day to one year.
- To provide access to critical and comprehensive services in collaboration with religious, government, and social service organizations.
- To implement an empowerment model in the communal setting to build the victim’s sense of self.
- To recruit, train and retain volunteers to ensure high quality and consistency in all services.
- To promote public awareness about on-going trafficking situations in the Boston area, in conjunction with other agencies.